Setting up VoIP Telephone Systems
Telco systems provides VOIP Telephone solutions of any level, including arrangement of call centres, CRM system and conference system.
IP-PBX can be used either on the base of FreePBX, Elastix, Asterisk, CUCM (and other IP PBX system) on server, or via PBX Appliance type of
IP PBX provided by us.
What is IP PBX or VOIP PBX?
IP PBX (a.k.a. VOIP PBX) is a core of the telephone system based on VOIP technology and it is responsible for managing telephones
within the system. IP PBX can be perceived as a device or software set on a server; Server can be a computer, physical server or so-called
What is VOIP Technology?
VOIP technology is the next step of the evolution of analog telephones. Abbreviation VOIP stands for – Voice Over Internet Protocol,
which means, that with VOIP technology voice is transmitted via internet. It doesn’t require additional cables as internet cable can be
Why do we need VOIP technology and what makes it special?
- Voip Technology works with an existing internet cable without the need of getting an additional one
- Compared to analog telephony it is more economic
- Integrates offices scattered around within one telephone system
- Analog system for each functional requires separate board, therefore to integrate new functionalities we need to purchase new boards too.
- Call routing: with this function it is possible to manage income and outcome calls according to the requirements and working schedule.
- Forwarding incoming calls to telephone groups according to various principles (one after one, at the same time etc.)
- Call recording and monitoring
- Call forwarding
- Switching to the waiting mode
- CDR calls history
- Billing – being able to limit the time for specific numbers
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR): For incoming calls audio file with standard text is activated
given list doesn’t imply all the benefits of the VOIP system. If you need to
know more about it, do not hesitate to contact us.